Keep Your Practice Running as Efficiently as Possible! We did the research for you so you don’t have to! Here are 10 tips we found on How to Keep Your Practice Running as Efficiently as Possible, we also added some feedback of our own.
- Delegate!Doctors should not do task that DO NOT require a Doctor to perform. Example: Setting appointments, inputting patient PHI. Examine activities frequently and ask your staff for their input. Things may work for you, but they may not work for your staff. Delegate as many administrative tasks as possible without impairing the understanding of how the practice runs.
- Improve patient flow. Have an efficient schedule. Focus on providing care to as large a community of patients as possible. If you feel overloaded seeing a patient every 20 minutes, the process needs adjustments, make adjustments and adjustments to your staff. If you’re not ready, they aren’t ready.
- Handling Complaints/Concerns. Teach your employees how to handle a patient or family member’s complaint or concern. Even if handling the concern means “I’m finding you someone right now who can address this” it’s far better than “I can’t help you, ‘I don’t know’, or ‘that’s not my problem’. Happy patients, happy practice, happier you.
- Attitude. Attitude affects everything. Your practice, your mood, your patients, everything. Everyone who comes in contact with a patient must have a winning attitude and show it, even over the phone. Each patient should feel that you are thankful they chose you and your business. They should feel accepted and safe.
- Respect. The patient isn’t always right but always deserves respect. Ask patients how you can help them or improve your practice. One simple example: When a patient walks in, staff should ask “How can I help you?” How often have you seen staff in medicine or retail simply look up and says, “Yes?”
- Don’t wait for patients.Give new patients your demographics/registration form to fill out first. There are also online services that allows the patient to fill out registration forms before coming into the office. This way, information has been collected before the visit and the patient is ready to go.
- Offer as many payment options as possible.Make making payments for your customers easier. The more payment options available, the fast you will receive your money. Have your practice accept any method of payment the patient has access to—credit or debit card, cash, or check. Even accepting Paypal, Square or iPads with a credit card attachment will help your patients pay their fees.
- Hire a medical biller/build a medical billing team!Medical billing companies have the time, skills, and expertise to make sure your claims are in life with what insurance carries want to see, and they can also make sure your billing and coding is up-to-date with the latest industry regulations.
- Timeliness. Be on time. Explain your delay to patients truthfully if you are not on time. If you as an office or practitioner are habitually late, adapt the patient scheduling to make up for it.
- Purpose. Get every employee thinking about purpose, not just functions. A particularly crucial aspect of great patient service is ensuring that every employee—from orientation onward –understands her particular underlying purpose in your organization and appreciates its importance. When the employee knows their purpose, they feel a sense of importance which improves employee performance.
Those were the 10 tips and tricks that we found to be the most helpful. One tip/trick that Doctorsoft thought to be the most beneficial from the 10 listed above is Tip #1: Delegate. By delegating task such as data collection, patient registration, or patient education, these task are commonly delegated to trained assistants/staff. Allowing the Doctor to be free and to perform more pressing tasks. The Doctor should also delegate task to lessen his/her work load and he/she should only do work that others cannot do. When it comes to using Doctorsoft EHR, we recommend working with a scribe or recommend training staff members to use the system efficiently without the Doctor being present at all times. That’s why it is important to train your staff and delegate different task. We hope these 10 tips and tricks helps you and your practice become more efficient.
To find out more about how Doctorsoft can help your practice efficiency, keep a look out for the upcoming post Doctors Working Parallel with a Scribe.
FIND OUT HOW DOCTORSOFT CAN MAKE YOUR PRACTICE MORE EFFICIENT
REQUEST A DEMO HERE.
Great Information Found from the Following Sources: